The program will be facilitated by Il Chiostro Inc. and here’s link to register: Eat Paint Cook Tuscany 2019
Dates of Program
Join me 9/21/2019 to 9/28/19
Number of Participants
The program is designed for between 8 and 15 participants. There is typically another program running concurrently at the same facility. Workshop activities are separate, but meals and excursions may be together.
Location of Programs
This program will take place at the completely renovated ex-monastery of San Fedele, located in the Chianti region of Tuscany between the towns of Vagliagli and Radda-in-Chianti, about 12 km northeast of Siena and 45 km south of Florence. The San Fedele monastery dates back to 1203AD. The complex consists of a 16th century chapel, a refectory, terrace, U-shaped piazza, conference/class rooms, organic gardens and swimming pool. All guest rooms are elegantly furnished, have refrigerators, modern bathrooms and wi-fi internet access. For photos and a detailed description visit www.tuscanrc.com.
Highlights of this 1-week program:
Cost $3200 double occupancy
- Pick up at Florence train station on Saturday afternoon, transfer to San Fedele (1.5 hrs)
- 7 nights at San Fedele, including breakfast
- 6 dinners prepared by our private chef, including wine (dinners generally 5 courses)
- Sunday barbeque at lunchtime
- Organized dinner on Sunday evening at a local enoteca (participants pay separately)
- ½ day excursions to scenic local hill towns like Castellina, Radda, San Gimignano, and Monteriggioni
- Art lessons and help both on location and in the studio from Rebecca Zdybel
- Cooking classes: 2 classes for 6 with Tuscan chef Andrea Anichini
- Organized wine tour and tasting at Dievole winery
- Access to appropriate studio space
- Transportation for all excursions provided
- Transfers to Siena on final day of program from where participants can make connections to all points in Italy. It might be the perfect time to continue your vacation with another destination!
Program does not include: airfare, travel insurance, gratuities, transportation beyond arranged excursions (i.e., private transfers to airport or trains) or additional meals other than those outlined in the Program Description.
Come with me to TUSCANY!
Sometimes we need to distance ourselves from real life in order to gain perspective. After my fourth trip to this region, I have come to the realization that I love the Tuscan lifestyle! I love focusing on the meal at the end of the day, with an appreciation of the fresh food and great wines that this region has to offer. It is a ritual means of punctuating the day’s activity and connecting with those I care about.
Living A Dream…
I am hosting another trip back to Tuscany combining all the things I love: Travel, Great Food, Cooking, Wine, Art, Teaching, Friends, Music…it’s a dream fulfilled!
Imagine the peace and tranquility created by the beautiful scenery.
Imagine the experience of making art in beautiful settings. I have found that personal and intimate connections with locations and people happen naturally while painting or sketching on the street.
Imagine eating and cooking “Tuscan style”…Delicious, fresh, organic and FUN!
We get to enjoy delicious food and great wines prepared by our personal chef. In the process we cement new friendships and make some great memories. On this trip to Tuscany, all these dreams can be realized during a very special week.
Prerequisites if you would like to join us:
1. A capacity for laughter
2. A positive attitude
3. Willingness to dwell on beautiful things and/or indulge others as they dwell on them
4. A taste for farm-to-table organic foods and wines
5. Willingness to explore incredibly beautiful and wonderfully medievel Tuscan towns.
6. Interest in viewing art, learning about art, and/or making art through drawing, painting, and/or photography.
If you aren’t an artist, then we’d require a willingness to indulge us when we talk about these things. You can always choose those moments as an opportunity to take a walk, swim in the pool, grab a nap, read a book or take advantage of #7…
7. Interest in Optional opportunities to cook with my favorite Tuscan chef, Andrea Anichini. We plan to visit his home and make lunch with him in his idyllic home on a nearby hillside.
How fun will it be to learn a few of Andrea’s Tuscan Tricks of the Trade?! And yes…he is just as FUNNY AS CHARMING AS THIS PHOTO IMPLIES! (He is also a sommelier!)
8. Interest in Optional tours of local Tuscan wineries, viewing local art history sites and/or historical sites. (These might be alternatives for artists and non-artists alike).
If you’d like to come along, feel free to contact me. No obligations, but I will keep you informed if you contact me. A deposit of $500 will hold your spot. This deposit may be made by following the link below. I will cap the number to keep it manageable and friendly.
My husband Paul, is a physician and is ready to lend assistance of that sort to our group members. I always ask him to bring along antibiotics and other over the counter aids…just in case.
The dates for this trip are set for September 21-28, 2019. I have developed an itinerary with Il Chiostro Inc., who will be handling all the registration.
Actual comments from participants:
“Overall …(we)…would rate our experience as 5/5 . San Fedele was a special place that we will remember forever. The II Choistro staff was excellent especially Michael . The food was very good and Andrea was great . The excursions added a nice touch but sometimes I felt we could use more time at San Fedele. Not enough hours in the day . The wine tasting at San Fedele we thought was great. Becky and Paul are two very special and talented friends. We will highly recommend this special vacation .” Feedback from a participant in 2016
Thank you for providing such an exceptional trip…my dream come true! Your preplanning was so evident and made for a smooth exciting week.
It was enriching to have you as our guide, teacher, host and traveling companions. You are examples of life “well lived” and sharing it with others…
I wish you all the best, and will continue to savor these precious memories…” Feedback from a participant in 2015
Pictures from previous Eat Paint Cook Tours…
Here is a video of by our resident “minister of after-dinner singing” Michaelino: He is so talented!